- RELEASE DATE: June, 1985
- STICKER NUMBERS: 1a-41a and 1b-41b
- BASE SET: 82 stickers
- VARIATION SET: 88 stickers
- BASE SET CHECKLIST: Click HERE to print a Base Set Checklist
- VARIATION CHECKLIST: Click HERE to print a Variation Set Checklist
- INFORMATION: All artwork (front and back) for the first series of Garbage Pail Kids was created by just two artists...John Pound and Tom Bunk
- INFORMATION: It's evident in the scans above that 30+ years can have an effect on a card. Even when they are cared for and protected, father-time will eventually take it's toll on the materials causing them to break down. Combine this with the printing limitations and mistakes that were prevalent in 1985, and you are sometimes left with a less-than-ideal image of what John Pound's gorgeous final art portrayed.
- RETOUCHED IMAGES: In an effort to bring collectors an idea of what Original Series 1 might have looked like without printing issues and 30 years of wear-and-tear, GEEPEEKAY has teamed up with MAD MIKE to bring you a retouched version of all 82 stickers and checklist. Mike has researched the original artwork, and worked tirelessly in Photoshop to crisp up the images, tighten up the lettering and numbers, and bring the colors back to the vibrant hues originally put to paper by Pound himself. We hope you enjoy this unique look at OS1, and stay tuned as we plan to bring more retouched galleries to GEEPEEKAY!