Blue (base card)
- RELEASE DATE: September, 2022
- CARD NUMBERS: 84a-166a and 84b-166b
- BASE SET: 164 cards
- VARIATION SET: no variations
- MASTER CHECKLIST: Click HERE to print a Sapphire Edition Series 2 Master Set Checklist
- INFORMATION: The initial Sapphire release in 2020 changed GPK collecting...permanently. Some might say it was a change for the better, but most feel it brought a new level of greed and ugliness to the hobby. Regardless of which side of the fence one was on, Topps made a killing off the release, so it was inevitable a second series would be released.
Just like Series 1, this Series was originally an exclusive release for Topps 582 Montgomery Club members. When the sale went public on September 21, they sold out IMMEDIATELY at $179/box. Some collectors were able to add them to their cart, but others never even saw them available.
While the release felt very familiar, the aftermath was strikingly different. S2 Box prices never saw the inflation that S1 did, and collectors could find boxes for $200+/- within a few days of the sell out.
- PACKAGING: There was a total of 1 BOX produced for the Sapphire Series 2 Edition. Topps inexplicably changed the box size for this release, making it slightly bigger than the S1 box. Each box came with 8 foil packs of 4 cards, however these packs had the box artwork on them (as opposed to plain silver foil like S1).
The front of the box states "2021", but there was obviously a delay in releasing them as these were released in 2022